Powered by Blogger.

Turkey: Holiday in Bodrum















It was a last minute plan to go for a short trip to the lovely small town called Bodrum. In the southwestern Aegean Region of Turkey . The city was called Halicarnassus of Caria in ancient times and was famous for housing the Mausoleum of Mausolus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient WorldBodrum Castle, built by the Crusaders in the 15th century, overlooks the harbour and the marina. The castle grounds include a Museum of Underwater Archeology and hosts several cultural festivals throughout the year.

When we first arrived I felt like the city has a little bit of Tunisian touch, the buildings, the sea and the weather, specially with all the palms I kept seeing everywhere. But after I had a tour around its streets and marina I noticed that it looks more like a small town in Greece and that made me want to read about the History of the city. Reading about more about the roots of the city today I found out that the first recorded settlers in Bodrum region were the Carians and the harbor area was colonized by Dorian Greeks as of the 7th century BC.

Bodrum is  the 4th city I visited during my stay in Turkey. It was very nice city, and I really had good time being close to the Mediterranean sea, it makes me feel kind of , HOME!     

9 comments

  1. It looks wonderful, adore the scenery. I'd love to see this place. Have a wonderful week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! That first picture is my favorite. Now I want to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i truly loved bodrum, it has the traditional turkish way of life in a greek decor! great post
    s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since I watched a Turkish series that featured Bodrum I wanted to visit it, it seems such a beautiful town.You are so lucky you went there...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place... I didn't know anything about it, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Bodrum is certainly a lovely place, with a greek charm! Thanks for sharing!

    If you go through my site, you will find my new post, hope you like it!
    A big hug!

    Inés
    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, it looks amazing. I wish I can go there some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!! Loving the photos and your blog! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Post Dear....... I like Your Article and Images.....

    Turkey Family Vacation Packages

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?