Powered by Blogger.

Basic French Macaroon Recipe

Everybody adores French Macarons! they the perfect delight to treat loved ones and family. You can also make them for occasions like baby shower, birthdays, mothers day, valentine.. anniversary.. they can make a good food gift if packed in a lovely decorated box. 

I made Macarons for the first time last year during the few first months of being a home stay Mom. I figured that now I got all the time in the world to do the things I always wanted to do at home. It was a bit challenging since Julia cried every now and than and I need to pause the work for couple of minutes each time until she was satisfied again. After all I was very happy with the results for someone who made it for the first time, because I was told that Macaroons was one of the easy and yet difficult to succeed type of sweets. It requires following the recipe carefully step by step with each detail so that the dough don't crack. It also requires a good oven. 

One of my follower friends requested the recipe on a photo I posted recently on Instagram. At first I thought I already shared the recipe with you guys last year.... below there is a video link which I used to make my own macaroons. Enjoy!

Update March 10 2017

This is the second time I make French Macarons and I am still getting quite lucky with them. They say the often you make them the better they get. You learn from the mistakes and you find out new tricks. Making these pink Macarons this year from my daughter's birthday I used liquid coloring which is bad for the macarons shape during the baking. They were not as perfect as the ones I made last year but still they are not bad at all. So remember this tip very well as well as letting your macarons rest aftering piping  for at least 30 minutes. If you follow all the steps correctly you will sure succeed. If not on the first few times, do not give up! you are few tires away from getting it right. 





post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?